Saturday 9 August 2008

Misogy-book

I've just noticed something, and I think it may be revolutionary, so listen up children.

On facebook, the advert on the sidebar changes quite a lot, but it's always relevant to the person who's logged in. Facebook knows a lot about you, and obviously changes the advertising depending on a few facts (age, gender, sexuality, location, etc.)

In a few people's case, if they've mentioned Kate Bush a few times, then it will probably advertise Kate Bush t-shirts, which is lovely... has anyone ever bought them?... I think not... anyway, I digress.

A few adverts I usually have are: Laura Ashley (yay!), Kate Bush t-shirts, ASOS, and... some sort of weight-loss advertising. It might as well say, "You're female? Oh, you're fat and ugly then!" I'm pretty damn sure if I put my gender as male I wouldn't get this kind of crap.

There we have it - facebook is sexist...


...but I'll probably* still use it.


*definately

No comments: