Saturday 16 August 2008

Madonna

I've got some shocking news... Madonna is 50 years old today! I know, I know, I don't quite believe it either... she looks about 80.

To be honest, I don't really like her enough to write out a whole thing on her, there'll be enough rubbish about her all over the TV, but I figure since people will be talking about her so much I might as well talk about Madonna when she was good - none of this new 'ripping off Abba' nonsense.

So here we go, from 11 studio albums and 87 singles, my top 5 Madonna Songs:

1. Ray Of Light



The video to this is amazing, and I think aside from The Immaculate Collection, Ray Of Light was pretty much the end of her making decent music. She pretty much 'reinvented' herself into a preachy bitch after that.

2. Lucky Star



So 80s. I just think this song's cute, I don't know why.

3. Like A Prayer



Scandalous video. Jesus was black... how shocking... or not really very shocking, actually, it does seem to make more sense. Now let's set fire to some religious symbols! Hoorah! On another note, I love gospel choirs... they rock.

4. La Isla Bonita



Is she really Spanish? I'm not really sure, I don't think she is. Why do people like pretending they're Spanish? I don't know, but this song's funky. I used to think the lyrics were "eyes like a bagel".

5. Love Profusion



This one's the most recent. It's a nice song, they used it in an advert for perfume or something like that, but I definately think it should have been a bigger deal than it was. Oh well, it's really fun and easy to play on the guitar as well.

On a slightly different subject, I really want to see Evita! 'Another Suitcase in Another Hall' - pure genius.

Happy Birthday Madonna, you haggard old tart!

No comments: