Tuesday 18 May 2010

Paul McCartney's Greatest Moments

I know he's a dickhead, but hey, at least he's not John Lennon. Let's put it this way:

John = arrogant wife beater
Paul = arrogant womaniser
George = arrogant ugly womaniser
Ringo = the best drummer ever

So anyway, even if you don't like him, you have to admit the man is one talented biscuit.

1. Maybe I'm Amazed



Don't even get me started on how much I love this song. I have no words.

2. Oh! Darling



I like that he sounds like he's been chomping on brillo pads. Winner of the 'Sophie's favourite song to sing whilst washing up' award 2010.

3. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window



I have absolutely no idea why I love this song so much, so don't bother asking. This is not the Abbey Road version, I couldn't find it on youtube, this version is slower, but really interesting.

4. For No One



Seriously. This is fucking genius. Listen to that fucking melody. JUST LISTEN TO IT!! I KNOW, RIGHT? It's just the most heartbreaking song, with the loveliest french horn arrangement and it's near perfection really. I wish I could think of an appropriately immature 'french horn' joke.

5. Say Say Say



Hilarious, yet awesome.

6. Blackbird



I will play this to my babies when they can't sleep. Everything is good in the world when this song is playing.

7. Here, There, and Everywhere



"To lead a better life, I need my love to be here" kills me everytime.

8. Hello Goodbye



This video was directed by Paul. You so wanted to know that. Also, Ringo's drum bit in this is just adorable, and his hair is fucking magnificent.

9. Get Back



I'm not entirely sure whether I'm a bigger fan of the song or the beard. Also, I know I should be talking about Paul, but this song is all about Ringo's spot-on timing, and the video is all about his hair. Get Back Loretta!

10. Let It Be



This song might be higher up the list if I thought that Paul McCartney was 100% drug free in this performance. I'm not completely convinced. Either way, the lovely, if not slightly sweaty song gets 10th place.

No comments: