Tuesday 11 May 2010

Blackbird

You might think I'm a bit of a nob for talking about The Beatles so much. You'd be right, but I realised one of the many reasons that I love them so much today.

I've had a pretty shit couple of days, and today in the library some old woman assumed I was stealing a book because it set off the beepers, so she had a massive go at me. Suffice to say, I was not impressed. It's not my fault they can't scan the books properly. Morons. Don't you have to have a degree to be a librarian?

Anyway, so I was walking home feeling a bit shit, not in the best of moods which is odd because I'm generally a happy person. Then this song came on my ipod:



...and all was well in the world again. Don't ask me how or why, but I did discover that specifically Paul McCartney's voice has the ability to calm me down or cheer me up, or restore me to normality. Even if he is a bit of a dickhead, he sings a nice song.

No comments: