Saturday 20 September 2008

Top 5 Eargasmic Voices

Before you think I’m a lady-perv – I did not invent the term ‘eargasm’, I’m not sure where I heard it. I’d say it was a word that can be appropriately applied to the following people*, whose voices could charm the bloomers off Frauline Maria:

1. David Bowie – Of course he’s number one. Who else would it be?

Most notably so: Starman – David Bowie



“Some cat was laying down some ‘Get It On’ rock ‘n’ roll he said”

2. Chris Martin – Yes, lovely voice he’s got there.

Most notably so: Don’t Panic – Coldplay



“Everybody here’s got somebody to lean on…”

3. Jarvis Cocker – I’d like to think he’s seen my underwear… when actually my skirt blew up once when he was on stage at the Mighty Boosh festival, and he almost definitely didn’t see… anyway! He’s a lovely man with a lovely voice.

Most notably so: Babies - Pulp



“I know you won’t believe it’s true, I went with her ‘cause she looked like you…”

Morrissey – “Panic on the streets of Carlisle…” among other words are what makes me love Morrissey so much.

Most notably so: Ask – The Smiths




“Ask me, I won’t say no, how could I?”

Mike Stipe – He’s fantastic, and I’m fanatic! On a totally un-voice-related note – look at his amazing glasses in the Daysleeper video! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve listened to this song, I can’t just listen to it once, I listened to it 4 times this morning alone. I know… bizarre.

Most notablely so: Daysleeper – R.E.M



“My night is coloured, headache grey”

(*An honourable mention goes to Paolo Nutini)

No comments: