Saturday 6 September 2008

The Holiday Review

I'm watching The Holiday as I type this. I always forget how great this film is.

I first saw it a few Christmases ago (maybe the last one... maybe the one before that, I can't remember) with Cissy. It's a chick flick, it really is. A Christmas-themed one at that, so yes it is incredibly cheesey, but gosh it's lovely.

Lovely houses, lovely scenery, lovely people. Very lovely people, I might add.

Jack Black is fantastic, of course. Jude Law is equally fantastic, but I wish I didn't know so much about him in real life (being a bit of a dickhead and all). Cameron Diaz is a quite annoying at times, though I think that may just be because she's American. I don't think I even need to mention that Kate Winslet rocks monkeys.

Not sure what else to say. It's a bit like Love Actually, only on a bit of a smaller scale.

The only downside for me is the characters jobs: a screenplay writer, a magazine journalist, a book editor, and a film score composer. What?! How do these people get such amazing jobs?! Unrealistic to say the least, but then the whole film is basically like that... but good golly it's pretty, so I'll forgive.

7/10

No comments: