Monday 28 July 2008

PETA = Pestersome Prostitues

Right, I mentioned that I hate PETA before and here’s a sort of ranty explanation…

I’m a vegetarian. However, I hate the type of preachy vegetarians who try and force people to eat a certain way. PETA are part of this preachy thing, only in a much bigger way.

Here’s their website, as much as I hate to give them any more attention than they already get.

When I was 12 or so, somehow they found out I was vegetarian (which is scary enough) and sent me vegetarian propaganda. This featured images of dead cows, talking, telling me not to eat meat. It was actually horrible, it could have really upset a less apathetic person.

Fair enough if you want to promote vegetarianism, but don’t be weird about it! They are incredibly very aggressive in the way they go about things, unnecessarily so, and they’re promoting ethical treatment of animals to the detriment of human well being which, as much as I love animals, is just not a good thing.

Not to mention the incredibly sexist advertising they use! If you care enough you’ll look them up but some of them are pretty disgusting to be honest. I’d say about 90% of their adverts involve naked women.

For instance, this one with Alicia Silverstone, which just says: "I am Alicia Silverstone and I'm a Vegetarian." Good for you, love... but why are you naked?!

Here they try to defend their advertising… badly. Basically saying that the only way they can get attention is to have naked women in their advertising. What a load of balls.

Sorry PETA, but I don’t like you. Please go away.

No comments: