Wednesday 30 July 2008

Kate Bush

Happy Birthday to Kate Bush, who’s celebrating the big 5-0 today, but we probably still would!

Who?
KATE BUSH!! That's who! If you're reading this then you're probably Kirsty, so you know who she is.

When?
She was born on 42nd of April… no, not really. She was born on the 30th July 1958, making her 50 today and officially a 'groovy granny', or, if you're perverted, 'GILF'.

Where?
She was born in Bexleyheath in Kent. She later attended a Grammar school in London. After being signed to EMI in the summer of 1977, Kate Bush performed in pubs with her band 'The KT Bush Band'. Currently, she's pretty much omnipresent.

What?
She’s Kate Bush – She sings like she's on helium and dances like she's on acid. She had the same dance teacher as David Bowie, so that might explain things a bit. The 'Wuthering Heights' dance is notorious in these parts, as is the marvellous 'Running Up That Hill' dance.

I found this picture on flickr of her as a little girl in a really jazzy jumper. Nice!

She was signed up to EMI when she was 16 after some bloke from Pink Floyd (oh, how they enrage me!) thought that she was, to quote him "Ruddy Fab!"

Her first album, 'The Kick Inside' was released when she was 19. Which is worrying, because I don't have an album out yet. I think it's her best album... OK, maybe 'Hounds Of Love'... oh, I don't know.

She also rocks because she writes all of her own songs, she was quoted as saying: "People weren't even generally aware that I wrote my own songs or played the piano. The media just promoted me as a female body. It's like I've had to prove that I'm an artist in a female body." Whilst making her albums, she disappears and then reappears when they're being released. This causes some people in the media to speculate that she's gone insane or worse - fat! Shock! Horror! Neither of course are true, she's just making an album.

Bascially, she's pretty cool. Have some crazy dancing...


No comments: