Wednesday 15 October 2008

Broken Chairs

You know, I could really have done with this a while ago. Great idea, anyway, the amount of broken chairs you find thrown out around a city is ridonculous - I thought we were supposed to be saving money and the environment? This sounds like a good solution to me. Also, old chairs look pretty, so it's a win/win situation!

I recently stole/borrowed/rescued a chair from being thrown out - a really nice, really old chair which was broken in the middle. I fixed it up with a little help from my dad and his carpentry skills (which always seem to appear from nowhere) and now the beautiful chair is sat looking pretty in my room. It never gets used, but that's not the point. It looks nice, and more importantly I was proud to have fixed it up and to save a chair that would otherwise have been sent to chair hell (it's like monkey hell but with chairs).

I think all chairs should be aquired this way. I'm just saying... it makes sense.

No comments: