Wednesday 14 May 2008

David Byrne

A big Happy Birthday to David Byrne! He is 56 today!


(The one in the beautiful silver hat)

Who?

Mr. David Byrne. But you can call him Dave.



When?
He was born on the 14th May 1952. He began Talking Heads in 1974.

Where?
David Byrne was born in Scotland, but then moved to Canada, and then again to Maryland a few years after. Which explains his accent, I did always wonder.


What?
WHAT?! Oh. He is the genius behind Talking Heads - one of the best new wave bands you'll find this side of the moon. He was the frontman and songwriter, and also did some lovely dancing when he felt like it. (Oh, and he also has done some solo stuff but to be honest I don't know a lot about that so I won't mention it.)


Stop Making Sense and Little Creatures are widely seen as Talking Heads best albums. 'And She Was' is probably my favourite of their songs. I don't know why, it's just good.


I also discovered on my travels, that Mr Byrne is a 'Subgenii' - it's quite bizarre I'll leave you to find out about that if you want to. All I can say is I'm looking forward to August the 6th - The dance of the insensitive bastards.


To David Byrne, and all who sail in him!

No comments: