Thursday 29 November 2007

Jobseeking

Today I went out very much on the offensive in order to get a job of some kind.

I had about 20 copies of my CV with cover letters. Now I know I already have a job, but I'm earning hardly anything, and the whole point of this ruddy gap-year was to earn some money.

So I woke up late.

Oops.
Decided I didn't need to straighten my hair... a dreadful mistake. Put on my most conscientious looking clothes. But then I considered - who would I hire out of someone in plain black flat shoes and someone in glittery heels. I decided on the glittery heels, naturally.

It was the type of odd autumn day where you have to wear a huge coat and sunglasses, because it was so sunny but freezing. It was pretty windy today and my unruly hair wasn't impressed, so by the time I got to town I looked like Hagrid in stilettos... or a hungover Diana Ross, whichever mental image you prefer.

So, in the end I managed to hand out a grand total of 4 CVs, and got 1 application form.

It seems no-one has any jobs for a poor young ragamuffin such as myself. Sob.

No comments: