Friday 16 November 2007

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Yes, I am a tad obsessed with this film. It is infact my favourite film of all time, and some wonderful individual has put it on YouTube in its entirety.

It's such a shame - Jane Russell looks like a pitbull in comparison to Marilyn Monroe.



And as a final insult to poor Miss Russell, just look at the different in their hand prints...
How very mean.


You might wonder why someone who considers themself a feminist would put this amongst their favourite films. I'm going to go all 'English Student' on you now. Well, despite the title there's very little about 'Gentlemen' in the whole film. Whilst I'm not promoting gold-digging, it's an example of women working together (hence the feminism!) and if this was a modern film they'd be pitted against eachother, I bet. Oh, also they're not gold-diggers at the end. Tarts with hearts, how nice.

No comments: