Tuesday 3 March 2009

Romeo + Juliet

I'm currently writing an essay on Baz Luhrmann's 1996 film remake: 'Romeo + Juliet'. It seems to be on of those films where you either love it or you hate it. A lot of pretentious people have claimed that it's sacrilege to arse about with Shakespeare in such a way. Personally, I think it's a very intelligent and captivating modernisation of the play, and I would suggest you watch it... also, it's a shame Leo DiCaprio isn't attractive. Just a thought for you there.



Yes, Baz Luhrmann's a bit of a nob, but I think we can get over that because this take on Mercutio which is just fantastic. I'm actually genuinely sad that he dies, unlike most Shakespearan characters when I hope they die just so that it will be entertaining.

Ho ho, controversy... I love it.

Afterthought: Claire Danes can't act.

No comments: