Monday 9 March 2009

Ce Jeu

If you're into French electro pop, then have a ganders at Yelle. I've neatly/badly translated it for you, just to be nice:



Crazy and totally obvious
I can’t make much sense
Of this exciting game
Although good, but so lazy
You like to manipulate me
And I like to do it equally
We are two victims
Of this sweet game of lovers

I would make the effort, I know you by heart
It’s enough when I ignore you
For you to return in tears
I look after you
You leave
That’s how it goes
Always the same
I anticipate it happening again

Passion, emotion,
And correction of equations
I mix up the solution
But I always have the same feeling
It’s totally clear
I can’t make much sense
Of this exciting game
Although good, but so lazy

I don’t want love without faults
Too perfect, you don’t interest me
Crazy about you, especially when you leave
Crazy of me, I go there from here.

I lose myself sometimes
Usually it’s good
And you hide your joy
Because you had me
Like a stupid prey animal and gentile
Which doesn’t learn from the lessons
Of the coarse and easy trap
Of a charming boy.

But it’s really too easy
When you smile you fascinate me
Like a magnet on a wire of iron
Tended and able
But it’s really too easy
It’s my apple which you fascinate
I turn to leave
You know that it’s not acid.

No comments: