Friday 7 November 2008

Top 5 Stevie Wonder Songs

Stevie Wonder songs make me happy. I think Motown in general actually. They remind me of happy times from growing up.

Here, as promised, are my top 5 Stevie Wonder songs.

5. I Was Made To Love Her



I remember listening to this song driving to the beach with my mum. Loving the retro-ness of this video.

4. As



I just think it's a nice song. Cheese to the max! The covers don't really do it much justice. For such a well known song it's surprisingly illusive.

3. Superstition



The first 14 seconds or so are sometimes all you need to listen to - which is odd, but true. As seen here performed on Sesame Street which I thought was damn cool - check out the kid dancing like a maniac at 4:11.

2. Uptight (Everything's Alright)



I listened to this most days I walked to work when I was working 9-5. It made me happy and woke me up - good times. Apparently he's 15 in this video. Scary.

1. For Once In My Life



Reminds me of Ally McBeal for some reason... hmmm, Robert Downey Jr... anyway some people might say it's cheesey, but I don't think it's possible to not like an amazing song like this. Have some lyrics, because they're lovely...

For once in my life I have someone who needs me
Someone I've needed so long
For once, unafraid, I can go where life leads me
And somehow I know Ill be strong

For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of
Long before I knew
Someone warm like you
Would make my dreams come true

For once in my life I wont let sorrow hurt me
Not like it hurt me before
For once, I have something I know wont desert me
I'm not alone anymore

For once, I can say, this is mine, you cant take it
As long as I know I have love, I can make it
For once in my life, I have someone who needs me

No comments: