Wednesday 5 November 2008

Bonfire Night

"Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."


I love bonfire night. I'm always surprised that it's pretty much exclusively a British celebration, but then again why would any other countries care about our parliament getting smacked up like a bitch?

What are you doing this year? I'm working... sob... but it might be fun after all, who knows!

I like doing traditional and seasonal things (I always carve a pumpkin at halloween, I always make a gingerbread house at Christmas, I always do an easter egg hunt, etc...) I don't care what they're to do with, whether they're religious or whether they're about burning people alive - it's nice to get into the spirit of things and embrace the time of year. So, for Bonfire Night I've narrowed it down to making minestone soup, or setting George on fire.

No comments: