Sunday 2 March 2008

Ooops!

Ok, less 'Ooops!' and more 'FFS!' and 'Gaah!'. I've been sans internet all week, and it's entirely possible I've gone insane.

It's odd how you never realise the importance of something in your life until it's taken away. Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous to say that about the internet, but think about it: could you live without the internet for a week? Ok, so you probably could... if you can call that living.

Just as I was leaving home I was on an organisation kick. I was organising everything: writing lists, putting things into piles, boxes, files, in alphabetical order, chronological order, and using more post-its than in my PA days. I used the internet/ a computer for quite a lot of this. Suddenly not only do I feel disconnected, but disorganised and pretty darn stifled actually.


I did all my writing on the computer, purely because I type as fast as I can think, so there's more of a flow. If I have to write I find I miss out things that I'll think of suddenly and not write down because my writing is still a few words behind my brain. Frustrating indeed.

So all in all being without a computer or the internet is pretty awful, but we're working on it*.

*I would like to express my extreme dislike for BT by the way, who have been nothing but wankers for the last month. We're going to Sky.

No comments: