Sunday 23 March 2008

Glasses, Glasses

I’m 87% decided that I’m going to a rapidly-approaching fancy-dress party as the one-and-only Morrissey. I did enjoy all those hyphens in that sentence, did you? I’m 93% sure that you did.

Something that I need in order to pull off the classic Morrissey look is the glasses. They’re wonderful. Square, thick glasses seem to become iconic for anyone that wears them, e.g. Morrissey, Elvis Costello, Woody Allen, Jarvis Cocker…

Hopefully when I wear similar glasses, I’ll become a musical icon. If not, then at the very least I might vaguely resemble Morrissey in some way – that would be just as good.

In the mean time, I’d like to know why wearing glasses like these make people so god damn attractive, and does it only apply to men?

‘Geek Chic’ is supposed to be very much on the up this season, along with big glasses. Even people that don’t need to wear glasses are wearing them – being a four-eyes is cool! Finally! The only problem now is I won’t want to wear my usual glasses around because people might think I’m only doing it to look ‘cool’… ‘trendy’, if you will. I’m not interested in trend. I wear my glasses when I either need to see for safety reasons, or I can’t be bothered to squint.

Proper huge square glasses, however, are frickin’ amazing. I shall be making a purchase very soon I feel.

I’m now 88% decided on the Morrissey costume.

No comments: