Sunday 2 March 2008

Introducing...

...'Bijoux Pinku'!

She is my latest household purchase - a beautiful pink plant and she now lives on my desk.

Well, I think she's pink anyway, the pot she's in is pink. Bijoux Pinku is only a little stem at the moment, and it didn't say anywhere what type of plant she is but she looks a bit like a tulip. I guess we'll have to find out what type of plant she will be. I'll try and get a picture when my computer's suited and booted.

Incase you were curious: 'Bijoux' is french for 'jewel' and 'Pinku' is Japanese for 'pink'.

I considered calling her 'Sale Salope', french for 'dirty bitch', but she seemed too pretty for such a name. I might get another plant which is more suitable for that name. There's some lover-ly orchids about actually. Dirty bitches.

Edit: I've just been told that Bijoux Pinku is infact a hyacynth. Not only that, she's also white. A clever re-think now means that her name has been changed to "Bijoux Blanche". Nice. Reminds me of Coronation Street.

No comments: