Wednesday 2 September 2009

Top 10 Pieces Of Advice

So, I'm a great fan of advice. I like to accumulate all the advice I can before I find myself in a situation in which I have to use it... if that makes any sense. Here are the Top 10 pieces of advice I have found in my searches, and that I would like to think I implement (some of them, anyway) although there are more which I probably can't remember of find right now.

10. "Forget Barbie, she does not possess imagination." - Francesca Lia Block

9. "Don't listen to your father." - My mother

8. “In this life try everything once, except incest and morris dancing” – Sir Thomas Beecham

7. "Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings, they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future." – Baz Luhrmann

6. "Find a someone that really “cares” for you. When love and passion fade, “caring” takes over until they return again." - Annika Harris

5. "Keep Calm and Carry On" - WWII Slogan

4. "Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours." - Baz Luhrmann

3. "Buy the ticket, take the ride" - Hunter S. Thompson

2. "Never spend your money before you have it." - Common sense?

1. "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" - My grandmother

No comments: