Friday 4 September 2009

Buttered My Shoes

People’s obsession with living for the weekend really annoys me. Why would you want to spend 5 days out of 7 waiting for two days? Particularly why would you do this if all you plan to do on these days is get shitfaced and with any luck get so drunk you can’t remember what a massive dickhead you were?

For me, a messy weekend is teabags left on the draining board. This is usually because for someone that works in a pub, the weekend is when I work the most. The weekend is nothing to look forward to. In fact, it’s a time to dread. It’s an accepted fact where I work that Saturday nights, (and to a slightly lesser extent, Friday nights) are dickhead nights.

If you are one of those people that look forward to the weekend, I suggest for your own sake that you stop this faux-optimism, and get on the wagon, which will hopefully take you far away from me.

No comments: