Monday 2 February 2009

Top 10 Songs I Remember From My Childhood

Yes, I remember them. No, I’m not necessarily proud of this fact. The reason for most of these songs is my Dad, who played so many old and different types of songs when I was growing up… I think he went through as many phases as I do now, actually.

1. It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over – Lenny Kravitz



I don't know why this song means so much to me, but it does. I blame my Dad.

2. The River Of Dreams – Billy Joel

Well they won't let me embed it, but I'm sure if you care you'll have a look.

3. Tender – Blur



I used to like this song, we walked into assembly to it at school and I only found out it was Blur years later.

4. Rotterdam - The Beautiful South



My mum loves this song.

5. Don’t Dream It’s Over – Crowded House



Just a lovely song, not sure why I remember it so much.

6. The Love You Save – Jackson 5



Wise words from the freaky bros!

7. Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson



Umm, nothing actually happens in the video, but the song's still there!

8. You Make Loving Fun/Rhiannon – Fleetwood Mac



Everyone loves the Mac.

9. Town Called Malice – The Jam



"Stop dreaming of the quiet life, 'cause it's the one we'll never know"

10. Never Too Much - Luther Vandross

Love a bit of Luther. This song, rather embarrassingly reminds me in a big way of driving about in the car with my Dad. Pretty cringe-worthy video too... cheeserific!

There we are... now you all know what awful taste in music my parents have!

No comments: