Wednesday 4 February 2009

25 Things

All the cool kids are doing it, so why not! I'm not putting my version on facebook though. I think it's more suited here.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. My Granddad died yesterday, and I’m very sad, scared and worried.
2. When I cry my eyes go really puffy and I hate it.
3. I think anyone who does these ‘tell me 25 facts’ thingies must be a tad narcissistic… and I’m fine with that. We all are.
4. I like it when George sings along to the radio without realising… George likes beans on toast.
5. I like beans on toast and singing along to the radio.
6. I have better things to do than housework, but I feel very uncomfortable in a messy house so it’s always a priority. I also think that if you put a coat/shoes/bag on a bed, you might as well just shit all over it.
7. I sometimes think that it’s a shame I’m not gay.
8. When Fergus isn’t here I feel like I’ve got no kidneys. It makes me stupid and wobbly, and it’s easy to hide that they’re missing but I know they’re not there. They’re very important to me functioning on a daily basis as a human being.
9. I don’t know how comparatively clever I am, but it’s clever enough for me. I'd rather be stupid and friendly than a smart-arse no one likes.
10. I put a lot of importance on how things smell.
11. I used to not bother with trousers at home, but now… pyjama trews FTW.!
12. I don’t like a specific variety of flying insect, or any related paraphernalia including Crunchies.
13. I’m very worried I’ll go back to how I used to be.
14. I hate how elitist music/literature can be.
15. Certain songs/books mean a lot to me. I don’t want to know what they mean to you – don’t taint the sentiment.
16. I have several names I think I would like to call my children, but I will never tell anyone because I’m terrified they will steal the names for their own!
17. Having said that… I have more names planned for pets than I do for children.
18. I disagree with myself from one day to the next.
19. Exercise scares me for many reasons.
20. I’m proud of my family, and that includes my friends.
21. I’m not scared of failure because I know there’s no such thing – just limited options.
22. I find very few people under the age of 30 attractive… and it worries me that actually, I could easily make that number 40.
23. A pet hate of mine is when people misuse the word ‘ambivalent’ as a substitute for ‘apathetic’. It happens more than you’d think!
24. When I went to New York I stayed in the building which was next door to Andy Warhol’s Factory. It bugs me so much that I didn’t get a proper look at it because I didn’t know at the time, and so now I have to go back to New York… if only to stare at the brick wall and say “Hmmm… so this is where it was. Nice.”
25. Ambition is overrated. Be happy.

No comments: