Saturday 21 February 2009

5 Songs Obviously Written By Men

Last Request – Paolo Nutini

"Sure I can accept that we're going nowhere,
But one last time let's go there,
Lay down beside me"

Basically, he’s saying: “Yeah, I know we’re not going out anymore… but how about one more shag?”


99 Problems – Jay Z

"If you having girl troubles
I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

A 'bitch' ain’t one? I don't care if that's what it means or not - it's the use of language I don't like. Still a bitchin' song though. Bitch.


Lady Madonna – The Beatles

"Lady Madonna, children at your feet
Wonder how you manage to make ends meet
Who find the money when you pay the rent
Did you think that money was heaven sent?"

Yes, women are amazing… it’s called multi-tasking, dear... and another thing: where are these children's fathers? I think the CSA needs to get in there.


Just Like A Woman – Bob Dylan

"You fake just like a woman, yes, you do
You make love just like a woman, yes you do
Then you ache just like a woman
But you break just like a little girl"

Leave Edie the fuck alone, you self-righteous, chauvinist bastard.


The Girls – Calvin Harris

"I get all the girls, I get all the girls
I get all the girls, I get all the girls"

I think your luck with the ladies seems to stem from the fact that you don't seem particularly fussy.

No comments: