Saturday 7 February 2009

Pretty Plane

I was on an aeroplane a few hours ago. I hate flying but it's a necessary evil, and sometimes good things do come out of it, I suppose. For example, some people can sleep on planes. I can sleep but it's not quality sleep when you're being woken up by the fat Chinese woman sat next to you howling like freaking Ginsberg at the film she's watching. There's a lot of people who obviously don't travel much that don't understand/ignore the courteous rules of flying. Particularly in economy... shuddersome, truly shuddersome.

Today I saw something very pretty. Just as we were beginning to land in the aeroplane, out of my window the sky was dark blue and you could see all the stars and the moon was really white and bright. Out of the window on the other side of the plane, there was a lovely orange and yellow sunset/sunrise. It was beautiful. I'm not sure which it was because to be honest I haven't known what the time was for the last 24 hours.

I do know that right now is time to go to bed, however.

I also know that Ginsberg didn't literally howl.

No comments: