Monday 23 June 2008

Downstairs Muxup

My headphones that I use for my iPod broke last week. Well, one ear did anyway, but there was no way I was going to keep them - most Beatles songs don't make any sense when you can only hear them from one side. (I once thought I had downloaded an instrumental of Yellow Submarine when actually I just needed to put my other headphone in.)

Anyway I found some old earphones and I was listening to my iPod walking home today, and when I stopped off in a shop I realised they were ridiculously loud! Apparently some earphones are better at blocking out noise than others. These ones were rather rubbish, and as it happened I had revealed my shocking music tastes to the entire Co-Op.

So now I've decided that actually, I should share this music that I listen to everyday with the lovely people that read my blog. The music I listen to on the way home from work is on a specially selected playlist which is designed to make me happy... as a result, there's quite a lot of Motown and 80s cheese on there. I need cheering up after a day at work, and generally this playlist is the ticket.

Muxtape is a nifty little site that lets you make mixtapes... only all computery and clever, like. It only lets you have 12 songs but I picked 12 I've listened to today, but there's plenty more where that came from.

(Clicky! Clicky!)

In the words of David Bowie, "I'm happy, hope you're happy too..."

No comments: