Wednesday 2 April 2008

Updated: Astley Goes Viral

As I'm using George's laptop, I had to search for my blog today on google. It came up with several videos including Patrick Wolf and The Horrors, Technorati (naturellement) and something called 'viralvideos'.

Apparently that Vanessa Paradis video I posted on Sunday has been put into people's blogs 50 times, and I'm one of them. Gosh I feel so honoured sad.

It might interest you to know that 'viralvideos' 2nd most popular video of today is the video for Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up'. Quite rightly too, it's a damn good song.



You know you watched it. It's worth it for the dancing at the very least.

I do enjoy YouTuber's comments though: all these women saying how much they fancied Rick Astley back in the day. Still, not as funny as 'David Bowie suck monkey balls!'* but it's nice to see Rick getting the recognition he deserves.

Update: I heard through the grapevine that this was all an April Fool's Day joke. All the videos on YouTube's homepage were linked to Rick Astley's house video. Bloody marvellous! Whoever thought of that is a genius. 

* I can confirm that this is most certainly not true

No comments: