Saturday 19 December 2009

Author List

This list is pretty funny in describing the types of people who read certain authors. I'd say it was reasonably accurate, except for the fact that if these were all true, I would be a bloke. Here's me, apparently:

J.D. Salinger

Kids who don’t fit in (duh).

Chuck Palahniuk

Boys who can’t read.

Nick Hornby

Guys who wear skinny jeans and the girls that love them.

Vladimir Nabokov

Men who use words like ‘dubious’ and ‘tenacity’. (So, paedophiles, then?)

Hunter S Thompson

That kid in your philosophy class with the stupid tattoo.

Lewis Carroll

People who move to Thailand after high school for the drug scene. (I'm so, so sick of people immediately linking Lewis Carroll to drugs, you have no idea. This may be an entirely separate post, I'm afraid.)

Kurt Vonnegut

People who played Creep by Radiohead while having sex or smoking pot. (That song actually pisses me off.)

Douglas Adams

People who bought the first generation Amazon Kindle. (Totally had to look up what that was... and I can safely say, if I'd have had enough money I would absolutely buy that.)

Also, interestingly enough, I believe that the one for James Joyce (People who do not like John Cusack movies) works backwards as well. I've never been a fan of Joyce. Ok, so now you have to promise you won't judge me for liking John Cusack films.

According to this list, what is your stereotype, and do you think it's fitting?

2 comments:

emilymews said...

Jane Austen (or Bronte Sisters)

Girls who made out with other girls in college when they were going through a “phase”.

J K Rowling

Smart Geeks

yeah,baby!

Sophie said...

Spooky! LOL