Friday 15 February 2008

Top 5 ‘Side-Ones Track-Ones’

I've just finished watching High Fidelity... good God that film's fantastic!

As if I haven't gone on about it enough, I thought I'd do another one of the film's infamous lists. This time I've chosen Top 5 ‘Side-Ones Track-Ones’. I can't remember what Nick Hornby said his were in the book/film, but I do remember that I 'borrowed' one of his answers, purely because it was a perfect answer.

Here we go:

1. White Light White Heat – The Velvet Underground, The Velvet Underground


Brilliant song. I considered putting a Lou Reed song in this list, and if my conscience allowed me I would have, but it seemed rather unfair.

2. Come Together – Abbey Road, The Beatles


One of the best Beatles albums ever, but that in itself deserves another list! This song reminds me of the 'Paul is Dead' conspiracy, which is why it's so cool.

3. The Village Green Preservation Society - The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society, The Kinks

Marvellously English. God save strawberry jam, and all the different varieties!

4. Changes - Hunky Dory, David Bowie

I found this album on vinyl for £2 in a charity shop, and now it graces my bedroom wall. It's an amazing album, possibly my favourite David Bowie album.

5. William, It Was Really Nothing - Hatful of Hollow, The Smiths


Yes, compliation albums do count! Morrissey graces the fine line between 'genius' and 'tosser' beautifully. Personally, I think he couldn't be more of a genius.

So there you have it. I must now trawl charity shops in search of all of these albums on vinyl. Adieu!

No comments: