Saturday 2 February 2008

Australia

I'm in Australia.

Fancy that.

I've been here for about 3 days now, and I've spent most of my time shopping, watching TV, and drinking tea. Basically, the same as I do in England.

I'm currently sat pretending to be watching 'Happy Feet' with my cousin, I like the thought of Prince as a penguin, that amuses me. What doesn't amuse me is the not-so-subtle references to penguin sex, which seem inappropriate and unnecessary in this film, but there we go.

Australian TV is so goddamn awful we spend most of the time watching UKTV, occasionally American, but I don't think I've seen a single Australian TV show since I've been here. Anyway, why am I talking so much about TV, "this city has a diverse culture," don't you know!

Today we drove down a country road which went on for miles (well, kilometers over here). We saw some kangaroos sat under a tree in a huddle, it was so cute. It was the first time some people in my family have seen kangaroos in the wild. I saw one a few years ago but noone believed me for some reason. But I did! Honest I did!

Obviously I've done more things here in the last 3 days than what I've said here. Some of it's been less boring, some of it's been more boring. I'm not really taking any of it in,I think I'm possibly being far too nonchalant about the whole thing.

Goodness me, I think I've got sunstroke - I'm not making a lot of sense today. More updates from down-under later!

...And they'll make sense

... I promise.

No comments: