Thursday 10 January 2008

Top 5 Favourite Records

As I mentioned before, I’ve been inspired to write lists since reading ‘High Fidelity’ by Nick Hornby. One of the lists featured in the book was ‘Favourite Records’. This is what Nick Hornby (well, the narrator of the book) said:

Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
This Is The House That Jack Built – Aretha Franklin
Back In The USA – Chuck Berry
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais – The Clash
Tired Of Being Alone – Al Green

Fair enough answer. I recognise them all, but the only song I’d say I liked off the list would be Al Green, it's a damn good song.

If I were to answer this question what would I put? After much, much, much deliberation I’ve finally decided. Bearing in mind that these top 5 change on a daily basis. Here we go…

Walk On The Wild Side – Lou Reed
Rebel, Rebel – David Bowie
This Charming Man – The Smiths
The Magic Position – Patrick Wolf
Rip It Up – Orange Juice
Hounds Of Love – Kate Bush

Shhh… yes I realise that’s 6 songs, but it would have broken my heart to not put any of those lot in. The original list was about 20, and after the most ruthless of editing, I couldn’t possibly edit anymore!

No comments: