Sunday 20 January 2008

Last.fm

If you like music and you don't know about Last.fm already, then you ruddy well should.



Last.fm is essentially a music site, which is linked to a plugin which monitors what music you listen to. It compiles this information, such as what bands you listened to and how frequently, and turns it into lists or nifty little banners such as this:


Which I think is pretty damn cool, if you can see it... but I don't think it's working.... so nevermind.

Another feature it has is that from the information it takes from your music preferences, it gives you recommendations of similar bands. Sometimes this doesn't work... I've been recommended U2 several times... proof that sometimes it gets recommendations hideously wrong, but other wise they're spot-on. I was recommended Modest Mouse ages ago.

All in all, I'd say it's worth a go. Unless, of course, your music collection includes U2. In that case I would suggest keeping it to yourself.

No comments: