Monday 28 March 2011

Hubbard

I don't know why (probably because I had a lot of much more important work to do) but today I have been chiefly concerned with stocking my cupboards.

Not shopping, of course, I mean stockpiling. I've been finding and recording recipes which require only ingredients that can be stockpiled. I have written several different lists. It is my ultimate mission to be able to potentially feed 5 people for 4 weeks straight without having to go to the shops. Then I will totally rock.

I dislike food shopping. I hate deciding. I hate seeing the nice foods I can't afford/ don't deserve. I hate the guilt of buying ice cream and the stress of buying foods which actually go together and make meals. Ice cream and pickles is more of a delicious amuse bouche. There's never enough choice for vegetarians, especially ones who have already tried everything and dislike tofu. Mostly, I hate carrying heavy bags. That's pretty much the long and the short of it.

I saw a bloke in Tescos today, he was buying a 6 pack of lager, a pizza and one of those repulsive microwave burgers which look like they'd taste like pure misery. Chewy misery. I guess what I'm trying to say is, at least I'm not that guy.

This mission to feed people on foods which can be stored has come from nowhere. You know how they say cats and dogs can tell when there's going to be a thunder storm? I hope this isn't like that. If it is, the porridge is on me... figuratively.

No comments: