Saturday 23 October 2010

Top 10 Songs From Musicals

Fuck me, I love musicals. "The key word here is indulgent..."

10. Sister Suffragettes - Mary Poppins



"We're clearly soldiers in petticoats..." Clearly.

9. Singin' In The Rain - Singin' In The Rain

FUCK YOU YOUTUBE WHY WON'T YOU LET ME EMBED THIS SONG?!

8. Truly Scrumptious - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang



So I loved this bit when I was little, but it freaks Fergus out so I like to sing it to him. One day he will wake up dressed like Dick Van Dyke as a puppet. Awesome. Actually I like that bamboo song as well, but I never know the words so I just sing "dkfjhsjdfhsdgkjdfgOLD BAMBOO DFKJHSDFGHSDF OLD BAMBOOOO!" Those may or may not be the actual words.

7. Another Suitcase In Another Hall - Evita



Probably one of the few good things Madonna's ever done.

6. Trolley Song - Meet Me In St. Louis



I don't think it could be any camper if it tried.

5. On The Street Where You Live - My Fair Lady



Fox in a tophat.

4. Don't Rain On My Parade - Funny Girl



Hell yeah, don't mess with a Jewish girl in head-to-toe orange.

3. Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes



"The French are glad to die for love, they delight in fighting duels... but I prefer a man who lives and gives expensive jewels." Genius.

2. I'm Through With Love - Some Like It Hot/Everybody Says "I Love You"



There's totally another post on this coming up... with scientific diagrams and everything. Seriously.

1. Maybe This Time - Cabaret


Ok, so also I'm extremely angry that YouTube have decided to not let me embed 'Maybe This Time' from Cabaret. To be honest, if you'd like the song, you probably now it already, and if you don't then you're a boring ninny and screw you Liza is was amazing*.

*She's not dead, just old.

No comments: