Sunday 10 January 2010

Bonsoir

Bonsoir mes petites meshuggenahs, I have been away for trop longtemps, je le sais, je le sais...

So, I know you don't care what I've been doing, but... I've been doing lots of uni work. I didn't do any over the Christmas holidays and this is my punishment. However, I have now done all my work except for one essay, and so I am allowed to blog now. Not that I have anything of any use to say.

The worst thing, I think, about writing is that it involves a lot of sitting down. I don't mind writing for an entire day, but then at the end of it all it's as if you can feel the muscle mass dripping off your legs and into a slushy heap on the floor. Then, when I try to stand up to make a cup of tea (one of the few moments of physical exertion in a writer's day) one of my legs will snap under the weight of my massive brain (which has obviously grown considerably in size because of all the writing shit I've been doing).

Then I'll have no choice but to crawl to the kettle, and we all know that's not a good idea because the kitchen floor really is horrifically dirty. Starchy Archie may be making a guest appearance sometime soon, I fear.

Oh my goodness, also, I hope everyone had a good new year if I wasn't with you at the time. And if I was with you at the time, I hope I didn't ruin it for you. Mazel Tov!

Ps. This anti-semitic spellchecker is telling me that mazel tov isn't a word.

No comments: