Friday 22 January 2010

Apploffee Pie

Let me introduce you to my good friend Applofee pie. Apploffee pie is a cousin of bannoffee pie, only younger, a bit cheekier, and much much yummier. I have no photos because I am currently devouring the last of the first batch, round two is coming up tomorrow.

Here's how to make it, though I must say that measurements don't really matter because it depends on how big you want it to be, obviously. It really is a piece of piss, but not literally because that's unhygienic and disgusting. It almost makes me sad that something so yummy is so easy to make.

Ingredients:
  • Digestive Biscuits
  • Butter
  • Apples
  • Cinnamon
  • Carnation Caramel
  • Double Cream
  • Icing Sugar
  • Chocolate
  1. For the base, it's just a cheesecake base really, so fuck up some digestive biscuits until they're crumbs, and then mix in melted butter. It's important not to add too much butter, otherwise the base will be stodgy and gross.
  2. Press the base into either a spring form tin or a baking dish and bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
  3. Peel and cut the apples into medium sized cubes, add a very tiny amount of cinnamon and either bake in the oven or microwave until they're soft all the way through, but not over cooked.
  4. When the base has been out of the oven and cooled down completely, spread the caramel about 1cm thick all over it, and then put the apples (which should also be cooled down) over this.
  5. Add a little bit of icing sugar to the double cream (1 tbsp) and whisk it until it's got nipples, or whatever they say for meringue normally. If it doesn't thicken then add another tablespoon, but not too much.
  6. Pop the whisked up cream on top of the apples.
  7. Melt a little bit of chocolate and drizzle that on top as well.
  8. Put in the fridge for a bit so everything sets all properly and nice, like.
  9. EAT!
You don't have to put cinnamon in, and also you can make your own caramel but I didn't fancy my chances so I bought the carnation one which is exactly the same anyway.

I made it with apples because I don't like banana, and personally I think it's truly scrumptious.

No comments: