Friday 25 February 2011

Macarons

Macarons, Macaroons, or Paul McCar-troons... call them what you will... I attempted them.

They obviously didn't turn out perfect, I didn't expect them to. What I ended up with was something semi-presentable and edible, which was the main objective. Those of you in the baking-know, will be aware that macarons are notoriously tricky. Not incredibly difficult - we're not talking mille-feuille difficult, or Ace of Cakes difficult... just very fiddly. It's all in the little techniques, which sounds ridiclous, but if you've ever made meringue (and my meringue fairy is rarely on my side) then you'll understand.

If you've never made meringue then fucking sort it out. You've never lived.

So anyway, the finished product...


Could be better, but I'm very happy with that as a first attempt. And yes, they were delicious.

No comments: