Tuesday 23 November 2010

George Harrison

So after much listening to The White Album lately, I've come to decide that 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' is one of those unfortuntately named pieces of genius... just like 'Cougar Town', or some other better example.



So there we go, there's a bloody good song by him. I would mention 'Something' as well, but the best thing about that is the bridge which I'm pretty sure was Lennon's contribution.



But I found the video for it away, which is hilarious (...well maybe just the last 20 seconds or so) It's got:
  • John and Yoko wandering around like a couple of stoned tramps
  • Ringo and Mo on quad bikes
  • Footage from the Maybe I'm Amazed video of Paul and Linda which is so left over it's like bubble and squeak for dinner on a Monday
One of the best things I've seen in a while is Ringo at the end smoking a fag, looking thoroughly unimpressed, as if he's agreeing - "Yes, it is a shitty, shitty video... now fuck off". I think he's bitter that Octopus' Garden didn't get a video.

No comments: