Thursday 13 December 2007

Love Is The Drug

I love cover versions of songs. It's interesting to see other peoples interpretations, or style put into a song.

I've just heard Kylie's version of 'Love Is The Drug' by Roxy Music. I really liked it! As covers go, it was really good! That might be because:
  1. The song is amazing to begin with.
  2. Kylie is wonderful and can do no wrong. Fact.

I don't really care which to be honest.

Just for reference, here's the Roxy Music original version:




And here is Kylie's cover version which she did in the Radio1 Live Lounge with Calvin Harris:



Kylie's is from 2007 and I'm pretty sure the original was 1974.
I like both versions equally. I can't stand it when people say they don't like a song just because it's a cover. Just because it's not original material doesn't mean it can't still be good.

No comments: